Wednesday, June 01, 2005

June snapshot

So here is where I stand at the moment.
No credit card debt, still a sizable chunk left on my car. My goal is to have it paid off by the end of the year. Then have a car with some life left and start the savings process towards the goals of living a simplified life. This weekend I found an interesting book on the topic, which I plan to review here soon.

Compare that to this one, which is where I was last October, or eight months ago.


Nice to see some visible progress. While it may not be as dramatic as some that I've seen on other blogs around cyberspace, as a financial newbie, I think I'm doing pretty well...much better than I've ever done in the past. I hope to keep up the progress and avoid any setbacks, but of course those can't all be anticipated.

One area in which I need to write about soon is my spending the area of groceries and food. That is easily an area in which I can cut back, but haven't been able to do so thus far...I love good food!

1 comment:

Jose Anes said...

I also want to reach a simplified life with less debt and more income.
I do not have a car loan, nor credit cards balances, nor personal loans. My only loans are two mortgages on two RE properties.

However, I put my extra cash in high yield (dividend paying) stocks. That is my way of increasing income.

The mortgage debt, I know I can pay it off eventually. Maybe even by selling one and paying the other.

It is the income part that worries me. That is the difficult one: to get a steady stream of income.

Money and Investment