Wednesday, July 27, 2005

What is CSA?

I've gotten a couple questions asking if I have more information on the CSA that I mentioned a few posts ago. This morning's Boston Globe had a piece on Community Supported Agriculture, where the farmer sells shares of "stock" in his land each spring, and all the "shareholders" receive a portion of the produce grown on the land, according to how big their "share" is.

A pretty neat idea.

Farms' investors enjoy the fruits (and veggies) of their labors

This is one of the ideas I'm kicking around for putting the land on my parents farm to better use in the future...part of the "simple life".

I'd like to be able to leave the rat race and support myself on a variety of income sources, this could be one of them. It's a long ways off, but you'll probably see more of this type of stuff and thinking in this space moving forward...

No comments: