Monday, July 03, 2006

This and That

I admit, I'm having a hard time coming up with material for the blog here. I'm still very interesting in financial matters and have in fact been working on a few different little things, but nothing that makes me feel worthy of writing a blog post.

We're in the preliminary stages of looking at houses and getting a feel for what and where we can afford. I need to finish up The Automatic Millionaire - Homeowner to make sure I'm pretty well educated for when we head into the process in earnest.

We're attempting to set a household budget and set a goal for eliminating all wedding/honeymoon debt. Right now the initial target is to be in the free and clear by next summer.

I'm trying to put all account, personal and financial information onto a USB jumpdrive, which I will then keep in a fireproof safe or even a safety deposit box to ensure I have that information and documentation in case of an emergency.

We're continuing our savings deposits and investment plans. Currently we're either saving or investing nearly $450 a month.

Trying to decide whether we stick it out in the corporate world for a few more years, or attempt to strike out on our own sometime in the next 5 years. Lots of things to consider there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you put it in a fire proof safe, it needs to be a media safe, not your stanard "paper" safe. The paper safes can get up to 451F. This is way above the temperature at which plastic melts. Ok for paper, but not for your jump drive.

B said...

Yes, it was also a media proof safe. Fireproof, Waterproof and media safe.

Anonymous said...

FWIW, thiscolumn was definitely worth it--for one, I never thought of the jumpdrive idea. My first visit. Thx.